Airbus Helicopters, Leonardo, Bell, Boeing, Sikorsky
The Global Aerospace & Defense industry has been on a roll as of-late with defense spending on a clear upswing amid a rapid evolution of traditional world order owing to radical geopolitical changes. Russian resurgence and rapid Chinese military ascension have effectively led to a return to great power competition spearheaded by innovative, disruptive & next generation technologies. The Russian invasion of Ukraine has sent a shock wave across the entire Eastern Europe, which along with the looming Chinese threat over the Asia-Pacific region, is likely to further spike up defense spending across these regions and most other parts of the globe over near term.
The realignment of U.S. defense spending which is now pivoted towards competing with near peer adversaries and maintaining its traditional overmatch over adversaries has accelerated the pace of replacement & modernization of ageing defense equipment with the award of several new defense contract awards over the recent years and many more coming up along with focus on rapid development of game changer technologies. The U.S. defense budget has registered one of its biggest increases for the year 2022 and has reached the $768 billion level providing significant growth opportunities to the industry going forward.
Military helicopters have been at the forefront of this renewed phase of defense budgetary resurgence globally as a large proportion of the global in-service military helicopter fleet actually dates back to the cold war era and has limited capabilities when compared against the rapid evolution of the overall threat spectrum & scenarios. Several new contracts for military helicopters have been awarded as of late by nations across the globe as part of their fleet recapitalization & modernization plans. In the U.S. market, the JMR-FVL program is going to be critical for the industry OEMs; especially Bell & Sikorsky, which are locked in a pitched battle for the same; for long term growth given the huge scale & scope of the program apart from the technological leap in capabilities it is going to provide. Airbus & Leonardo are likely to make the most of emerging growth opportunities across the EU going forward with the U.S. based OEMs, namely, Boeing & Sikorsky likely to fill niche segment requirements as shown by the selection of CH-53K Super Stallion by Israel while the German door for procurement of heavy transport helicopters is still open both for Boeing & Sikorsky going forward and they will have to really slug it out for the entry.
Against this rapidly evolving industry and market backdrop, the report provides a comprehensive & holistic analysis of the overarching strategy focus across industry OEMs and insights into the key strategies & plans being conceptualized, developed & pursued by these OEMs for the near to medium term horizon to navigate their way through the existing environmental challenges & uncertainty while looking to drive growth for themselves in a relatively favorable phase for the industry.
1. The JMR-FVL program to be the core of rotary fleet recapitalization activities in the U.S. Market over medium to long term.
2. Bell & Sikorsky on warpath in the high stakes battle to capture FLARA & FARA programs to develop next generation rotorcrafts as a crucial, long term growth avenue.
3. Airbus Helicopters leading the French military rotorcraft fleet renaissance with its flagship H160 platform with a robust order backlog and plans to ramp up production over near term.
4. Leonardo looking to make deeper inroads in the U.S. defense market going forward.
5. Boeing actively pursuing the international exports markets for its legacy military helicopter programs, namely, CH-47F Chinook and the AH-64E Apache.
6. Global Defense Spending on an upward growth trajectory with a further spike likely over near to medium term following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Relevance & Usefulness:
• Strategic Planning & Decision-Making process
• Analysis of Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for OEMs
• Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
• Market Evolution & Demand Growth Projections over Medium Term
• Analysis of Key Market, Industry & Technology Trends and Developments likely to Shape Future
• Strategic Market Outlook, Evolution & Demand Growth Projections over Medium Term
The report would be quintessential for those having strategic interest & stakes in the Global Military Helicopter market. The report will be extremely useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program Managers, Global Procurement Managers, Defense Contracting Executives & Departments, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Industry OEMs, Suppliers, Vendors, Associated Equipment Manufacturers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the industry/sector. The report is comprehensive yet concise & compact at the same time; is custom-built for meetings & presentations, being built on the Microsoft PowerPoint platform; in addition, to being a ready self-reckoner as well as a quick reference guide driving, enabling & ensuring prompt and informed decision making.
Table of Contents
Business Structure & Snapshot - For the Global Top 5 Military Helicopter Manufacturers
c) Business Segments
e) Product Portfolio
f) Market Capitalization
g) Key Executives
h) Shareholding Pattern & Structure
Section - 2
Financial Performance Snapshot -Charts & Analysis for each Company:
1. Revenue Base & Growth Trend
2. Revenues Split by Key Segments
3. Revenues Split by Key Geographic Markets & Regions
4. Gross Earnings & Margin Trend
5. Operating Earnings & Operating Margin Trend
6. Return on Sales Trend
7. Profitability Growth Trend
8. Cash Flow from Operations
9. R&D Expenditure Trend
10. CAPEX Trend
Section - 3 - Strategic Positioning & SWOT Analysis - For Each of the Top 5 Industry OEMs
• Strengths to be Leveraged
• Weaknesses to be Overcome
• Opportunities for Growth
• Threats to be Mitigated
Section - 4
Strategy Focus - For Each of the Top 5 Military Helicopter Manufacturers
1. Airbus Helicopters
3. The Boeing Company
4. Leonardo Helicopters
5. Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
Section - 5
Key Strategies & Plans - Comprehensive Analysis of Key Strategies & Plans for each OEM
• Product & Services Portfolio Strategies & Plans
• Market Specific Strategies & Plans
• R&D Strategies & Plans
• Growth Strategies & Plans
• Business & Corporate Strategies & Plans
• Sales & Marketing Strategies & Plans
• Production/Manufacturing Strategies & Plans
• Financial Strategies & Plans
• Acquisitions, Strategic Alliances & JVs
• Other Strategies & Strategic Initiatives
Section - 6
Global Military Helicopter Market - Force Field Analysis - Analysis of Driving & Restraining Forces and their Overall Dynamics
Section - 7
• Industry Trends
• Market Trends
• Technology Trends
Section - 8
Key Issues, Challenges & Risk Factors
Section - 9
Strategic Market Outlook - Military Helicopters through 2028
• Global Demand Outlook - Military Rotorcrafts
• Demand Growth Projections for Key Segments through 2028
• Demand Growth Projections for Military Rotorcrafts over the forecast period - In Value
• Demand for Military Rotorcrafts by Key Geographic Regions